New in Rise 360: Team Folders (Beta)

Oct 04, 2023

Update—October 5, 2023: Find out what we've learned from your feedback and how we're improving team folders

We're thrilled to announce that the Team Folders beta is now live in Rise 360! With it comes an enhanced dashboard experience, convenient personal organization in My View, and even more ways to collaborate with your team (as well as external teams). 

Rise Team Folders

Updated Dashboard

The new Rise 360 dashboard sidebar organizes content into sections: My View, Personal, Team, Deleted Items, and External Connections (if you're working with external teams).

Courses you've created alone—without any collaborators—appear in the Personal section, and courses you’re building with other collaborators appear in the Team section. When you add a collaborator to a training item, it moves into the main Team section automatically. Only collaborators on the item can see it there, so don’t worry about others accessing it.

You can create folders and subfolders in each section. And now, when you move something to a folder, it's only visible in that folder! 

My View

With My View, keeping track of items you're currently working on is a snap. You can add specific items for easy access and create folders in the My View section to help organize things further. Content and folders in the My View section display only for you but can contain both personal and team items.

For the launch of the Team Folders beta, we've preserved your previous All Content view in this section. All the training items and folders that were there prior to today's launch have been added for you. This way, you can easily reference your previous view. Clicking an item in My View takes you directly to it. 

Update 10/5: Now, you can move the original item without having to leave My View. Just click the more icon and select Move file. Select a location or create a new folder, then click Move.

Personal and Team Folders

With Team Folders, content created in Rise 360 is added to the section or folder you're currently in. If you're in the personal section, your training appears there. If you're in the team section, it's created there. 

Collaborators can now be assigned at the folder level, saving you time. When you create content in a team folder, it automatically inherits the collaborator permissions applied to that folder. This can even be everyone on your team! All you have to do is select the Share menu option for a folder or item, then select Everyone and assign them collaborator status. Note that the current editor role is the same as the previous collaborator role.

External Connections

If you work with other teams in Rise 360, you'll see new team folders for them as well in the External Connections section. The folder names might be different from what you're used to seeing. That's because Rise 360 now uses the actual name of the organization as it’s listed in account management. This is true for your team as well. An Articulate 360 admin for the external team can modify it with the Edit Organization Name option in account management.

All Rise 360 users have access to the enhanced dashboard and My View feature. If you’re an Articulate 360 Teams subscriber, you also have access to the new Team section. And if you don’t have Articulate 360 but want to try out this feature, you can start a free 30-day trial

We're excited about the Team Folders feature because it'll allow teams to work together even more easily. And we're releasing it in beta so your feedback can guide us as we continue to develop it. Have feedback? Click on the feedback link in Rise 360 or comment below. We can't wait to hear what you think. 

150 Replies
Laura Snyder

I just saw the new feature. While was initially excited, I noticed an issue. My courses were neatly put in various folders for organizational purposes before this feature came out. Because I had already shared my courses with 2 other contributors on my team, my "personal folders" are now suddenly empty with the new feature release. And the courses are also not in any team folders, they are just all free-floating now and I don't know what courses belong in what folder anymore. Is there a way to go back to the previous version? My entire system of organization is lost with this new feature, so I do not know what courses belong into what curriculum folder. Please assist.

Alyssa Gomez

Hi Laura!

You can find all of your courses organized into the folders you assigned them to by clicking on My View. From there, you'll see the courses in your folder structure! 

Why aren't the courses in the Personal section?

If you had collaborators on your courses, then those courses now reside in the Team section rather than the Personal section.

You will see these courses in the root directory of your Teams folder because they had a collaborator assigned to them. 

Let us know if you're still having trouble locating your content!

Erin Vandenberg

I cannot add feedback using the feedback link because Google Docs is blocked at my company. I'm very excited for this feature, though! So far my main piece of feedback is that I wish there was a way to select multiple courses and move them into a folder. Having to organize them one by one (for over 280 courses) is time consuming! 

Alejandra Salas

I think this is a great feature moving forward but I am concerned about my existing courses. As mentioned in another comment, my team and I had an organization system we've worked on for years, we have hundreds of courses. The courses are now all in the team section as you mentioned, but we lost the folders. Is there a way to keep the folder structure in the new team section?

Also, we work with vendors, sometimes they add us as collaborators. We would like to also add those courses to the same folders I mentioned above. Now they are in the external section and we can't move them.

I really appreciate the efforts made to create a better dashboard look and collaboration capabilities, but this is right now a nightmare, there are way too many courses to start the folder organization again. 

Crystal Horn

Hi there, McLeod Learning!

You can find all of your courses organized into the folders you assigned them to by clicking on My View. From there, you'll see the courses in your folder structure! 

Why aren't the courses in the Personal section?

If you had collaborators on your courses, then those courses now reside in the Team section rather than the Personal section.

You will see these courses in the root directory of your Teams folder because they had a collaborator assigned to them. 

Let us know if you're still having trouble locating your content!

Crystal Horn

Hello, Alejandra. I hear what you're saying, and we definitely don't want to make things harder for your team.

You'll find the folder structure that you created previously in My View. Those folders you built previously are specific to you as an individual user.

You can work from My View to create a new Team folder structure that will be consistent for your team. Meaning, there will be one Team folder structure, and individuals will not have to recreate the folders on their own dashboards.

Based on this beta feedback that we're getting from everyone, we're continuing to plan improvements to Team folders! We'll keep you updated here as we add new features.

Pete Piccaro

Where did the Duplicate option go? My colleague shared a course with me (made me an editor nee collaborator), and I got the email and can get in and edit. But to duplicate I used to go to the dashboard, Card View, find the course card, hover over the cover page image to find the More kebab, and click Duplicate. That option is gone now.

I found the course in my Team folder. In Card View, I hover over the cover page image to find the More kebab, and my only option is Add to My View. No Duplicate option. If I add it to My View, and access it from there, the only options are Show File Location, Move, and Remove. Please advise.

Michael Kushlan

Hi Pete. The editor role is the same as the previous collaborator role. The duplicate option is available for the manager role or the owner of the course. Could you ask your colleague who shared the course with you to increase your permissions to be a manager?

Let me know if that resolves your issue! Thanks

articulate3 birtlh

Hola! Toda nuestra organización de carpetas se ha deshecho, el equipo de trabajo se ha llevado un susto esta mañana. Quizás debería haberse avisado a los usuarios antes, y también, al menos, dar la opción de hacer un "update" o no hacerlo. Volver a crear toda la estructura de carpetas, ahora mismo, son horas de trabajo, con las que no contábamos. 

articulate3 birtlh

Y por cierto, "My view" no nos devuelve la estructura anterior. Las carpetas de antes no están aquí, o no al menos, no todas las que había antes. Es como si alguien entra en tu oficina y te cambia, de repente, todas tus cosas de lugar. No se puede hacer algo así sin previo aviso, y sin dar opción a hacerlo, por ejemplo, más tarde (como la mayoría de updates).

Zoe Handscombe

Hi, 

I like a lot of the features in this new layout, but one thing missing is the option to convert from a tile view to a list view - why has this been removed?  When skimming down a list of courses in a folder, it is far quicker if they are in one list that having to read across and down to find the right one.

Similarly, my team folders do not appear in alphabetical order, while my personal ones do.  Is there a way to make this apply to team folders too?

Thanks

Sharna Wilkins

Hello! I've spent the morning re-organizing all content and setting up new folders as we have some rules in the organization for making sure we always have (at a minimum) an additional course manager within our team assigned to the course. As we have many licenses, across different teams, we have set up license groups. I notice when you create a folder you can assign a "group" but the only option we have is the "Everyone" group. Are there any plans to connect the license groups to the folder share settings? Or am I missing something obvious? Thanks :)

Trista Todd

I'm wondering why this new feature isn't a choice rather that forced. I would've preferred to have the option to determine how I would like to organize my items according to what works best for me and my team.  Am i missing something or is there a way to opt out of using the team folder feature until a system is determined by each individual user?