Happy first-challenge-of-the-year, E-Learning Heroes!
Remember last year’s template makeover challenge? It was a fun one. The challenge was simple: Begin with a generic template and transform it into a real project.
Your examples were some of the most amazing and creative we’ve seen (check out this recap post). It was really cool to see everyone begin with the same starter template and then build something uniquely their own. Since that time, folks have asked when we’re doing another template makeover. Well, here ya go—with a twist.
Challenge of the Week
This week your challenge is to find three different templates and combine them into a single template with a unified design. You don’t need to use real content in your final template design—the current placeholder content will work fine.
This challenge is more about unifying design styles from multiple sources.
You can work from the free templates in our downloads section or use any other templates you have.
You can use Articulate Storyline, Articulate Studio, Microsoft PowerPoint or another tool to create your final template template.
Here are some articles that will help you think through your template design. If you get stuck on ideas, just ask in the comments below and we’ll share some more ideas.
- Steal This E-Learning Template: E-Learning Challenge | Challenge Recap
- How to Create an E-Learning Template That Works
- Here’s How to Build an E-Learning Template That Will Rock Your World
- Here’s How to Create Your Own E-Learning Template in PowerPoint
- Design Better Quizzes Using Custom Background Images
Share Your E-Learning Work
- Comments: Use the comments section below to share a link to your published example and blog post.
- Forums: Start your own thread and share a link to your published example..
- Personal blog: If you have a blog, please consider writing about your challenges. We’ll link back to your posts so the great work you’re sharing gets even more exposure.
- Twitter: If you share your demos on Twitter, try using #ELHChallenge so your tweeps can track your e-learning coolness.
- Facebook: Share your work on our Facebook page by replying to this Facebook post with a link to your example.
Last Year's E-Learning Challenge
Before you jump into this week’s template makeover, take a look at the interactive charts and graphics your fellow community shared in last year’s challenge:
Wishing you a triple-awesome week, E-Learning Heroes!
New To The E-Learning Challenges?
The weekly challenges are ongoing opportunities to learn, share, and build your e-learning portfolios. You can jump into any or all of the previous challenges anytime you want. I’ll update the recap posts to include your demos.