When it comes to building courses, taking the time to plan and manage your projects properly is essential. Even when you’re just starting in e-learning, following basic project management tips will help you avoid common timeline problems and help your courses launch on time.
This week, course designers shared their favorite tips for effectively managing e-learning projects.
Four tips for digital file management are:
- Create a folder template
- Use file naming conventions
- Habituate order
- Schedule backups
My project management tips are:
- Review assignment
- Begin with the end in mind
- Plan the interaction
- Research methods
- Get organized
- Execute the plan
- It's a state of mind
- Finishing touches
Jodi M. Sansone
Work with meaning, direction, and purpose:
- Keep the end goal always in mind
- Design for your target audience
- Ensure learning objectives provide clear directions both for you (the developer) and the learner
- Remember who has a vested interest in the success of the project - looping those individuals in makes them accountable
- Include only the essentials (information/interactions/etc)
- Consider all possible delivery systems before settling on one
New to the E-Learning Challenges?
The weekly challenges are ongoing opportunities to learn, share, and build your e-learning portfolios. You can jump into any or all of the previous challenges anytime you want. I’ll update the recap posts to include your demos.
If you have a blog, please consider writing about your challenges. We’ll link back to your posts so the great work you’re sharing gets even more exposure.
If you share your demos on Twitter, please include #ELHChallenge so your tweeps can track your e-learning coolness.
Share Your Project Management Tips & Examples!
The project management challenge is still open! If you have one or more ideas you'd like to share, please jump over to the original challenge and post your links in the comments section. I'll update this recap page to include your examples.