Did you know your Articulate 360 subscription has everything you need to create videos? That’s right—from the initial recording to making basic edits and gathering feedback to the final publishing of your video, Articulate 360 has you covered with Peek 360 and Replay 360. These are two extremely handy, easy-to-use tools you can use in conjunction with each other to create simple and professional video tutorials.

Here’s an example of a video that was recorded with Peek 360 and then edited with Replay 360 to transform it into a step-by-step tutorial. The best part is, from start to finish, it was all done in just a few minutes, including the narration.

Video tutorial created with Peek 360 and Replay 360

Let’s take a look at how you can use Peek 360 and Replay 360 to create quick and simple videos like the one above.

Record Your Video with Peek 360

The first step is to create your screen recording. You have a few options for how to do this, since both Peek 360 and Replay 360 have recording abilities. Personally, I like to use Peek 360 for my recordings. Why? I love how the Peek 360 recorder is easily launched directly from my taskbar, and the videos are automatically uploaded to Review 360 when I’m done recording.

I also like how completed Peek 360 recordings are converted to an .MP4 file (which are all stored in your MyDocuments/Peek folder). Here’s a tip for quickly accessing the .MP4 version of your Peek 360 videos: right-click on the video in question and choose “View in Folder” from the menu that appears.

Right-click on a Peek 360 video and select “View in Folder”
to 
easily access the .MP4 version of the recording

I can also click “View on Articulate 360” from the menu to open up my Peek 360 recording in Review 360. From there, I typically grab the Share link and send it off to my reviewers or Subject Matter Experts. This way, I can get approval from stakeholders that the video covers all the appropriate content before I start working on final touches.

Edit Your Video with Replay 360  

Once you’ve created your Peek 360 video, you can jazz up the .MP4 version with Replay 360 by adding images, subtitles (called “Lower Thirds”), and audio narration. To make edits to the .MP4 video you created with Peek 360, launch a new Replay 360 project and insert the video.

Click the Video button to insert the .MP4 version of your
Peek 360 video 
in a Replay 360 project

You’ll notice that your video is added to the A track in Replay 360 (there are two tracks: A and B).

The inserted Peek 360 video has been added to the A track in
Replay 360 and is ready for editing

This is when it starts to get fun, when you can start making edits and tweaks. Here are a few things you might want to consider doing:

• Add an introduction photo and a wrap-up photo using the “Image” option
  • Use “Lower Thirds” text to add an introduction and summary to your video
  • Use “Lower Thirds” to add text captions to your video describing high-level steps or key information about what is happening in the video
  • Use the Cut, Delete, and Split tools to edit your video; for example, to remove any unnecessary parts of the video.
  • Remove original audio. If you included audio in your original Peek 360 recording and you want to remove it to re-record the narration after you’ve made edits to your video, simply use the Silence tool to remove the original audio.
  • Record narration using the Audio tool. You can either insert existing audio files, or you can record from your mic directly in Replay 360. The nice thing is that Replay will play your video while you’re recording, so you can easily pace your timing so that it works with what’s happening on-screen. Your audio file will be added to the B track.

These are just some examples of things you can do to improve and refine your Peek 360 and Replay 360 videos. 

Share Your Video With Learners

Once you’ve got this great video, you’re going to want to share it with learners. Ways to share your videos include:

• Inserting the video in Rise 360 using a video block.
  • Inserting the video in a Storyline 360 course. This is a great option if you want to add interactivity. For example, you could bring up a pop-up with additional information or a quiz question. The sky’s the limit with Storyline 360!
  • Uploading the video directly to your LMS. To get a SCORM output, start by publishing or manually uploading your video to Review 360. Then, navigate to your Review 360 dashboard, hover over the video, and click on the ellipsis on the video card. From there, select Export to LMS and choose the reporting options. See this article for more details.

These are just a few tips for how you can use the tools available in your Articulate 360 subscription to create quick and easy videos. Have you created videos of your own with Peek 360 or Replay 360? I’d love to hear about your experiences, tips, or tricks in the comments below.

Want to try something you learned here, but don’t have Articulate 360? Start a free 30-day trial, and come back to E-Learning Heroes regularly for more helpful advice on everything related to e-learning. If you have any questions, please share them in the comments.

23 Comments
Nicole Legault
Coniqua Abdul-Malik