Presenter 360 Error Message

Jul 06, 2022

After recent updates to Edge, PowerPoint, and Studio 360 I get the following error message if I click anywhere on a slide:

Custom UI Runtime Error in Articulate.Presenter.lpc
An exception occurred while calling function "GetEnabled". The exception message is: Application.Run failed to execute command: IsValidVideoShape

Has anyone else recently started seeing this error and is there a known fix?

I have tried:

• Uninstall Studio 360, restart, reinstall 360, restart
  • Uninstall Studio 360, repair PowerPoint, restart, reinstall 360, restart
  • Verify correct .NET version is installed

Any help appreciated. Thanks

4 Replies
Eric Santos

Hi Ioannis,

I'm sorry to hear you're also hitting this snag! Have you tried the troubleshooting steps below?

1) Open PowerPoint with admin rights by right-clicking on the PowerPoint icon in the Start menu, selecting More, then Run as administrator.

Running PowerPoint as administrator

2) Reinstall Microsoft Office.

3) Apply these steps to repair the installation of Studio 360.

We'd be glad to investigate further if the problem persists. You may submit a support case with additional details on the issue so our Support Engineers can take a look.

Ioannis Mavrikis

Unfortunately the problem still exists! I have been disappointed after repeated uninstallations and installations of Office 365 and Articulate. The messages displayed are about: Application.Run failed to execute command: isValidVideoShape and  Application.Run failed to execute command: isValidVideoShapeForEditProperties.

Please HELP!

John Morgan

Hi Ioannis,

Thank you for the update! I'm sorry you're continuing to go through this issue! I see you have opened a support case and are working with Lianne. You are in good hands! If you have any questions about the case, please respond to the support emails you receive. This will help things go as smoothly as possible.