360 interactive images

Aug 10, 2021

Really excited about this new feature but was wondering if instead of the user being the center point is it possible to use a 360 image and it be the center point and the user "walks around" the image. Example I'm thinking of is a car 360 walkaround like what is used on vroom.com. I can spin the car to get a 360 degree view of the outside with markers to click on to see a close up shot of an item. 

5 Replies
Tyler Braddick

Chelsea,

Thank you for reaching out! The way the 360 image is made requires the camera (the user) to be the center point of the image.

Interactions like those found on Vroom.com are made using special equipment, sometimes multiple cameras, and software that composites the various images into a 3D object that users can manipulate. 

We always appreciate feedback to enhance our tools, and you can submit any feature requests here! 

Thank You,

Tyler

Tyler Braddick

Chelsea,

The 360 images feature would not support that as it's looking for 360 panoramic images. The way to implement this interaction style into your Storyline file would be to utilize the Web Objects feature. 

You would need to host this interaction on a webserver to insert it using the Web Objects feature. I did some digging, and it looks like Vroom uses SpinCar. I couldn't get an example from SpinCar, but I did find a provider called SayDuck that does home furnishings and embed it into Storyline using Web Objects. Here's that example project.

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Tyler