Web objects are a powerful way to embed web-based resources right into your Storyline 360 courses. Take advantage of web-based applications, games, videos, reference materials, and more—whether they're online or stored on your local computer.
- Go to the Insert tab on the ribbon and click Web Object.
- Depending on the location of your web content, do one of the following:
- Your web content is online: Type the URL in the Address field.
- Your web content is on your local computer: Click the Browse button, navigate to the folder that contains your web content, then click OK.
Tip: There must be a file called
index.htmlin the folder you select, and all supporting files for the web content to function must be in the same folder. Storyline imports all files from the folder where the index file is located.
- Click Test Link to make sure your web content launches correctly.
- Check the Load automatically box to load your web content without learner interaction. Uncheck the box to load it when learners click it.
Tip: For a web object set to load automatically, give its placeholder a meaningful image so learners know what it is. Right-click the web object placeholder and select Replace Picture. Browse to the image you want to use and click Open. If you change your mind about the image you added, right-click it again and select Reset Picture.
- Decide how the web object should appear. Use the Display in drop-down to choose either Slide or New browser window, then choose from the following options, depending on your choice:
- Slide: Check the Scale with slide box to scale your web content with the slide. Note that scaling web content can cause blurriness. Uncheck the box to prevent scaling when you need text and images to remain sharp.
- New browser window: Decide how the window will look:
- Use the Window Size drop-down to select a size. Choose Custom to enter the window's width and height in pixels.
- Use the Browser Controls drop-down to manage controls for the new window. Select Default to use the same controls as the parent browser window. Choose None to not use controls.
- Click OK when you're done.
- The web object placeholder will fill the slide, but you can use its sizing handles to resize it. You can also drag the web object placeholder to where you want it to display.
If your web content is located on the internet or an intranet, learners will need the proper security permissions to access it. Also, make sure that your web content starts with
https rather than
http (assuming the hosting site supports secure https content). See this article for details. Otherwise, web objects won't work for them.