Accessible Buttons in Storyline 360 - How do they work?

Dec 10, 2021

Hi There. I'm currently doing a lot of work regarding accessibility in Storyline 360. I've been using a screen reader and keyboard navigation to see how well my modules work in this format. 

The problem I'm having is how to advance onto the next slide using keyboard navigation. I usually use a button to advance to the next slide and I turn the default navigation controls off as I like being able to control when this button appears and when you can move on. 

When I use a screen reader it says use the command VO(caps)+Shift+Space to click a button. I get the click sounds but nothing happens. 

When I use the built in storyline keyboard navigation feature which is Alt+Ctrl+. again the slides don't move on. 

Even if I use the default navigation controls It still will not advance to the next slide in either of these ways.

I also have the same problem if there is a button to reveal content. The button just won't click using keyboard navigation. 

Can anyone help me?

2 Replies
Becca Levan

Phil's suggestion to use Enter or the Spacebar should do the trick, but if you still have trouble, we'd be happy to test out your project. Feel free to share it with us here, and we'll reach out with our findings.

P.S. I also wanted to jump in here to welcome you to E-Learning Heroes! 😊

📚Related Resources: Basic Screen Reader Commands Quick Reference Guide