Articulate 360 - Storyline Using Focus Order for Question Layers

Aug 22, 2022

Hi There, 

My team is working to make our eLearnings as accessible as possible and have started using Focus Order. I know how to set up and arrange the Focus Order on a normal content slide, but I have been unable to find any resources with advice on how to set up the Focus Order on a question slide that will have the "correct" and "incorrect" slide layers. 

Do we just assume that only the correct layer will pop up so the screen reader will skip the other content? 

1 Reply
Jose Tansengco

Hello Taylor,

Thanks for reaching out!

The focus order will only recognize objects that are active on the slide, so if you have the 'Correct' layer actively being shown on the slide, then the focus order for the 'Incorrect' layer will be ignored, and vice versa. Question slides by design do not display both 'Correct' and 'Incorrect' layers simultaneously because of the declaration of what is recognized by the slide as the correct answer, so you don't have to worry about the focus order reading objects from both feedback layers. 

You can check out this article to know more about how you can make your Storyline 360 course accessible to your learners: 

Hope this helps!