Background Audio

Jun 27, 2023

Is there a way to have the background audio begin after the first slide, so that the large play button doesn't appear when the project starts and the project starts automatically?

Pinned Reply
Lauren Connelly

Hi everyone!

Good news! I'm happy to share that we just released Storyline 360 (Build 3.81.31200.0), which includes a feature to control the background audio for each slide using triggers to play, pause, or stop the playlist.

This was highly requested, so we hope it serves you in your course creation! If you run into any snags, don't hesitate to contact our team in a support case.

12 Replies
Steven Benassi

Hi Justin & Kalena!

Thanks for reaching out! It sounds like you need to add a custom trigger for more background audio control when authoring in Storyline 360!

We currently have that logged as a feature request, so I'll be sure to include your voice in the report! We’ll update this discussion if this feature makes it on our feature roadmap.

Have a great rest of your week!

Lauren Connelly

Hi everyone!

Good news! I'm happy to share that we just released Storyline 360 (Build 3.81.31200.0), which includes a feature to control the background audio for each slide using triggers to play, pause, or stop the playlist.

This was highly requested, so we hope it serves you in your course creation! If you run into any snags, don't hesitate to contact our team in a support case.

Eric Santos

Hello CS Learning!

Thanks for sharing your excitement about testing this new feature for controlling the background audio! It's our pleasure listening to you, and your voice matters to us, so please don't hesitate to share any feedback you have regarding this new feature.

Enjoy the rest of your day, and happy developing! 🙂

Justin Stortzum

I have a question related to the big play button. I have moved my initial audio to the second slide and adding the trigger, but I still get the play button. 

Does anyone know if you have button states on the first slide, if this would also cause the large  play button to appear on project start? 

Luciana Piazza

Hello Justin, 

I'm sorry to hear that you ran into this issue. 

We are currently tracking a known issue where a play button shows even if there is no media file on the first slide and there are closed captions present in the slide. One workaround is to downgrade your installation to Storyline 360 Update 81

I've added this community post to the bug report so we can drop a message here as soon as a fix is released. We're very sorry for any inconvenience this bug may have caused!

Eric Santos

Hi Justin!

I am happy to share that Storyline 360 (Build 3.83.31444.0) includes the fix for the bug in the play button that Luciana mentioned above!

All you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app to take advantage of the newest bug fixes and features!

If you need help with anything else, please let us know here in the E-Learning Heroes Community or privately in a support case. We'll be happy to assist you!

Alexander Young

Hi Lauren.

This is great, and it does suppress background audio on slides when controlled by triggers.

In my case, I used it to suppress music for slide 1 of a presentation. The only problem is that when I insert the Storyline object in Rise, it displays with the video start button. (I would prefer if it did not display this way) 

I know this can be resolved by having no audio or video on the first slide, but when the audio is set to play in background, Rise sees it as having media on the first slide, even though it is paused by triggers.  Is there any way to completely separate background audio from an introductory slide as opposed to simply pausing it?

Thanks and regards

Alex