13 Replies
Math Notermans

I just accidentally discovered that when copying and pasting from Adobe Illustrator to Storyline360 elements will be imported as .emf groups. Those groups you can ungroup. As is they can look weird and wrong, but mainly because sometimes a image will be generated for fills. You can delete those and keep a nice shape you can work with in Storyline. Let me show that with a sample.

Pierre Sosa

If I make an icon in inkscape, I can...

1. save it as a emf
  2. import it to Powerpoint
  3. Ungroup, then save as an emf
  4. import to Storyline
  5. Ungroup, and then use the color tools

There is probably a setting in Inkscape that I haven't yet found that could skip the import/save-as from PPT, but I haven't found it yet. I'm guessing the ungroup/save-as in PPT step will work for svgs imported from other sources.

Access Pointe

Yes, over time, the oldest versions will be unavailable as I understand it. Currently the oldest version available is the September 28 (3.56.26219.0) There have been 5 new updates since then. I believe that as new updates are posted, the oldest ones are supplanted, and no longer available. I am using the Sept. version because I can still copy/paste all of my PPT SVGs into SL, and I have a huge library of them that I work from. Now I am having to change them all out for EMFs as I will have to eventually update. Make sense?