Buffering in Storyline 360

Sep 30, 2021

Hi, 

My reviewers are experiencing 15 secs of buffering on a couple of slides when they go through an interactive knowledge Check I created in Storyline 360. I published it to Review 360 and sent them the link to review. The slide is very simple with a couple of images and a hotspot. There are only two layers. Is there anything within Storyline that would make the slides buffer or is it just internet lag? They are in Australia and I am in the U.S. 

17 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi Nancy,

Thanks for reaching out! A few questions to help troubleshoot:

1. Are you spotting any buffering issues? Does it work as expected in Storyline when previewing?
  2. Have your users tried a different browser to see if it helps?

Our support team can also do some checks to help verify there isn't an issue within the file. Feel free to share your .story file in a case, and they can lend a hand!

Kelly Auner

Hi Bev, and welcome to the E-Learning Heroes community!

The issue Nancy was experiencing resulted from a specific button on their slide. It appears that after deleting the button and recreating it, the problem was solved. 

• Are you experiencing a similar issue with buffering in Storyline? If so, is this happening in preview mode or when published?
  • Is this happening with a specific slide or project?

I'd be happy to take a look at your file to investigate further! You can upload it here or privately in a support case. We'll delete it from our systems once troubleshooting is complete.

Khadeja Chowdhry

Hello,

I have upload an updated version of a course to Review 360 and it starts out fine but some of the slides are in the buffering state (3 dots). Preview in Storyline 360 does not have the same issue. I tried using a different browser and uploading a new version of the same course as well. Still the issue persists. 

Gerry McAteer

Hi, I am also experiencing buffering issues with Storyline being played back in Review. The SL file has video and 360 interactive images. The module is using the modern player. It starts off with no issues and may play a couple of short videos, however it soon starts to display the repeating buffering 3 dots, I have even left it sitting for over 10 minutes and it won't shift. All other buttons are also locked out so the only way to get out is to refresh the Review page or close the page down. Launching it again still results with the buffering issue. The only way I can view it without buffering is to publish for web and upload to a web server, there are then no buffering issues.

Luciana Piazza

Hi Gerry, 

Thanks so much for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with buffering. 

I've gone ahead and opened a support case on your behalf. One of our talented Support Engineers will be in touch shortly via email. I have shared the troubleshooting details you shared in this post so they are in the loop!

If you have any other questions, please let us know!

Luciana Piazza

Hi Emily and welcome to the E-Learning Heroes Community, ✨

Sorry to hear you're experiencing this behavior. 

I'd like to have our Support Engineers take a closer look at your courses to see if there are personalized troubleshooting steps we can assist you with! I've opened a support case on your behalf. 

Our team will be in touch shortly via email. 

Thanks so much, Emily! 

Khadeja Chowdhry

Hello,

I was able to identify the buffering issue is caused by the Zoom region added to the screen recorded video inserted in the slide. I am not able to share my project due to company policy. I have tried all the steps with re-installing the software but still the issue persists. I have the zoom region added in another scene within the same course and that works. Is someone able to provide remote assistance or call to further assist. This is on-going on week 2 now and I need to submit my work. 

John Morgan

Hello everyone!

Good news! Today, we just released Storyline 360 Update 74 (Build 3.74.30180.0) which included the fix for the bug where projects that have audio files (mp3, wav) experience buffering in recent updates.

Now all you need to do is update Storyline 360 in your Articulate 360 desktop app!

If you have additional questions, don't hesitate to reach out in this discussion or in a support case.