Button States

Jun 14, 2022

I have a three-button screen (PRINT JOB SCREEN) on a screen to serve as a navigation screen.  The buttons "jump" to additional screens and then return to this screen.  I have set the states for the buttons to normal, hover, down and visited.  The normal states are shown in PRINT JOB SCREEN.  When I click a button, jump to the desired slide, and return, the buttons should change to the "visited" state as shown on screen PRINT JOB SCREEN 01.  If I roll-over the button, then it changes to the visited state.

I have set the "when revisiting" slide properties to all three options and get the same results.  Can someone help with this issue in Storyline 3.

Thanks

3 Replies
Victor Madison

Ah Ha!  I figured it out.  Here is the deal.  With "resume saved state" selected, the last state before jumping to the desired slide for the button was the "hover" state.  So when I returned, the button state changed to visited and loaded over the "hover" state. The "visited" state loaded over the "hover" state when I returned to the original slide.  However, the "visited" state graphic did not fully cover the "hover" state graphic.  I changed the "visited" state graphic and all is well.

John Morgan

Hi, Victor!

Nice investigative work on the button states! I'm happy you were able to get that worked out. If you have any other situations come up, please come back to E-Learning Heroes. Also, check out our other resources like support articlestutorials, and user guides. They are available 24/7!

Thanks for the update!