Color Selector in Storyline 360

Feb 07, 2023

I have been struggling with the new color selector in Storyline. When I use my theme colors I can't see the full tint palette unless I undock the window - then I have to close it to select the next item I want to adjust and undock it again.

Is this how it's meant to work? It seems really cumbersome and slow (and is very irritating). Is there a way to extend the drop-down window so I can see all my tint options without having to undock the color selector? 

Thanks

9 Replies
Sarah Whitfield

Hi,

I have exactly the same issue as Loren when I use the colour selector in an undockable window (i.e. Format Shape, Format Background, or the floating window that comes up if you highlight text).

This sort of makes sense to me as this is what the window looks like before it is undocked. I have been looking for a way to extend the undocked window to show all the tints, and assumed it would be possible, I just couldn't work out how.

Can you share a screenshot of how it is meant to look in undockable windows mentioned above?

Thanks
Sarah

Sarah Whitfield

Quick update.

Lianne was asking me about my display settings and when I looked I had a custom scale set (Windows 10).

When I removed the custom scale the Color Selector displayed correctly.

When I put a custom scale back (120%) the problem came back.

So now working OK without the custom scale.

Thanks