Content Library with Storyline 360 trial

Nov 14, 2016

When I go to use the Storyline 360 product (a part of my Articulate 360 trial),  it tells me that I need to subscribe.

Can I use it with the 30 day trial?

I read somewhere yes but my does not allow me too.

Thanks

18 Replies
kris steven

Hi Ashley,
In articulate 360 and studio 360 they are saying I need a subscription
I'm using a surface tablet.
I'm wondering if I installed it wrong
Should I reinstall as admin or something like that?
Internet explorer is my default browser.
Not sure if that matters.

Thanks
Kris

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Tom and Kris,

First let me apologize for my lack of clarity! I had to confirm this with my team - you can see everything in content library during the trial, but only certain templates and characters are accessible to you from within the trial. The Velocity template and the characters available in the trial include: Brandon, Lily, Andrew, Laura, Atsumi, Al, Arthur, and Marilyn. So with that set up it'll give you some ability to play around with the functionality and then if you choose to subscribe you'll get access to all the goodies. 

S Ch

And another problem: I signed up for very expensive 4 day live training in August. The requirements state that a trial license is acceptable for the course. But if I only have access to 1 template, how will I be able to really get the training I need with just the 30 day trial license?? I would not have signed up for the 4 day training if I had known I had to purchase Articulate first. This is very misleading advertising.

Leslie McKerchie

Hello S and welcome to E-Learning Heroes :)

Sorry that the use of the Content Library items is not clear, I will certainly pass this information on to our team.

I tend to see the opposite question and users are surprised that we share the full product with our trials :)

As for your training, I'm assuming that is through a 3rd party and I do believe that is correct that all you would need is a trial. The Content Library and it's assets are a benefit to being a 360 subscriber and are not necessary to learning the fundamentals of the software. I'd follow up with the training group if you are concerned.

S Ch

Hi, Leslie,

I need help understanding your statement that you "tend to see the opposite
question and users are surprised that we share the full product with our
trials :)"

If free trial users are only allowed access to ONE template, how do they
share in the "full product with our trials?" Please let me know how I can
receive access to the full product.

Shana

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Shana,

I apologize if my response was confusing.

Let's see if I can elaborate on what I meant. A user may come to the forums with an issue publishing, for instance, and assume it's because they are 'only on a trial' and that must be the issue. We actually provide full access to the apps and features of our software.

During your free trial, you have access to limited assets:

Template: Velocity 

Photographic Characters: Al, Atsumi, Brandon, Laura 

Illustrated Characters: Andrew, Arthur, Lily, Marilyn 

These assets are not required for the software to function.

When you subscribe, you get instant access to all the Content Library templates and characters. 

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Suzn,

You should be able to see and search through the Content Library items, but you won't be able to insert them into your project while using the trial.

Let us know if you're not seeing any of the items - if that's the case, please take a look at this article. You'll need to allowlist and enabled all those ports and network endpoints for access to all of Articulate 360, including Content Library. 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Charlene and welcome to E-Learning Heroes. 😊

I appreciate you chiming in to share your feedback. 

These Content Library 360 assets are available during your 30-day free trial:

• Template: Velocity (42 prebuilt slides)
  • Photographic Characters: Al, Atsumi, Brandon, Laura
  • Illustrated Characters: Andrew, Arthur, Lily, Marilyn
  • All photos, illustrations, icons, and videos are included in the trial.

When you subscribe, you get instant access to all the Content Library 360 templates and characters. 

We do have this subset listed in all of our documentation specific to the free trial.