Creating interactive 360 degree video in storyline

Feb 08, 2018

Does anyone have an idea about how to embed 360 degree view video with an interactions in the storyline.

48 Replies
Philip Siwinski

Hi Sameer, have you found a way to add interactivity to a 360° video and use it inside Storyline ?

The discussion suggested by Crystal seems to be about embedding a non interactive 360° video inside Storyline.

Simple thoughts : adding interactivity could be done with another tool then using javascript to communicate with Storyline. Do you have more information ?

Thank you :)

Ray Handley

Any progress on this? From what I can gather, you need to house the video on a website (e.g. YouTube, Facebook or from another site like OmniVirt, including all your interactivity from there, then Insert, Video, From Web.

It would be great if SL introduces what Adobe Captivate has done with inherit ability to add 360 videos and then add interactivity (such as hotspots, questions etc). Not sure if it's in the pipeline for development but it should be :)

Katie Riggio

Hi there, Ray!

Thanks for adding your voice! Although I don't have an update to share just yet, we promise to update this discussion with any new information.

I shared your thoughts with the right team and if we add this feature to Storyline in the future, we'll be sure to share the news here!

Heather Longtin

We also have 360 files that we need to embed in Storyline. Currently, the only way to do this seems to be through a web object; however, the web objects have a bug that makes text appear blurry. So, there doesn't seem to be a way to make this work (opening in a new window is not an option for this project). We really want to use Storyline for this series of projects because we love the other features, but this is a serious roadblock.

Megan Daniele

Agreed Emil... when I tried googling about 360 video and Storyline's capabilities, the results were a mess bc of "Storyline 360". Pretty funny actually. :) I have a client that is wanting an interactive 360 video (much like a real estate walk through with clickable features)... and I'm sad to learn this sounds pretty complicated in Storyline. Would love to see this feature added soon! 

Joanna Reeves

I have just been having a play with creating a 360 interactive image in Storyline 360 as I'll be need to do it for a client soon, and thought I'd share here in case it helps anyone else before the 360 feature is released. I took a panoramic picture, used this image on a number of slides (each one starting a bit further in to the image. I then added a hotspot strip down each side of the slide to move to next/previous slide when the user hovers over. This worked surprisingly smoothly and you could then add whatever interactions you wanted as it's all within storyline 360.

Link to test piece - https://360.articulate.com/review/content/f3d19111-33ca-4fdb-b6e2-6c304ead1a9f/review

Jo. 

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Natalie and everyone!

I have exciting news to share!
We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 54, we’ve included important fixes and new features.

One of the features we’ve included is:

Create immersive learning experiences with 360° images. Add interactive elements, such as hotspots and markers to engage learners as they explore.

360° images are currently in public beta for Storyline 360, which means you can use them for production as we continue to enhance them.

To take advantage of this feature, launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let us know if you have any questions by posting here or directly reaching out to our Support Engineers