Creating interactive 360 degree video in storyline

Feb 08, 2018

Does anyone have an idea about how to embed 360 degree view video with an interactions in the storyline.

48 Replies
Tom Ashman

Hi,

I have been visiting this thread for a while and not seen a recent update about this since the response 3 months ago. @Articulate - do you have an update on when there will be a feature to add 360 degree 'videos' to Storyline360, then add markers, hotspots etc. 360 degree images feature is great but we really need 360 degree video feature.  Would be very beneficial. Many thanks 

Stefan Mandić-Rajčević

Our team is currently working on 360 and VR projects and since we use Storyline we would really appreciate if you would make it possible to have interactive 360 videos.

The main features we would expect are to have the possibility to add hotspots that would show text, images and video, and to have some kind of knowledge check (e.g. multiple response questions, even as a layer or any other way).

Thank you and keep up the good work!

Stefan Mandić-Rajčević

While we are waiting for this feature, it would be really helpful if you could officially prepare a workaround. There is a link from 4 years ago about using web objects, but honestly, I think it needs updating, and also it should start from the situation where I am trying to create something in Storyline and I have a 360 video file (as an .mp4) file on my computer.

Where do you suggest I upload it to be able to use it as a web object?

How do I integrate it in Storyline?

How do I add interactions once I manage to do this?

How do I add a quiz?

Thank you for your work! :)

Stefan Mandić-Rajčević
Stefan Mandić-Rajčević

While we are waiting for this feature, it would be really helpful if you could officially prepare a workaround. There is a link from 4 years ago about using web objects, but honestly, I think it needs updating, and also it should start from the situation where I am trying to create something in Storyline and I have a 360 video file (as an .mp4) file on my computer.

Where do you suggest I upload it to be able to use it as a web object?

How do I integrate it in Storyline?

How do I add interactions once I manage to do this?

How do I add a quiz?

Thank you for your work! :)

Two months ago I asked some questions or rather asked for instructions on how to try to use Storyline with 360 video... any news?

Tom Ashman

Hi Articulate - do you have an update on the 360 degree video feature? - We are limited to just 360 images which work for some projects but I need to showcase interactive 360 videos and add triggers etc to create an element of gamification in some way. Is there an alternative way of doing this in articulate if this is not soon available? It's been a requested feature from the community for a while. Many thanks :)

Chris Hodgson

Hi everyone,

Though 360° video is still not officially supported by Storyline I have discovered a working method of swapping in a video file to replace the 360° image at published project code file level.

I walk through the steps to take in the latest episode of my Storyline Magic Series - https://community.articulate.com/discussions/building-better-courses/storyline-magic-series-a-new-video-series-launched-on-youtube

Rich Path

I appreciate Chris Hodgson offering a workaround in this discussion, but I find it absurd that Articulate has not yet included a 360 video feature in their future roadmap. Maybe they just don't have the bandwidth in their development team?? In the meantime, I'm resorting to using Captivate for any projects that use 360 video. :(