Fine tuning choice buttons and hover color on questions in Storyline 360

Aug 08, 2023

Hi! I've been editing a template for quizzes in Articulate Storyline and notice that the color of the dot for the radio button and hover color have changed within the same question. Some choices in a question display a blue dot with a blue hover, and some now show a black dot with no hover. Where are the controls for these colors? I am not sure how this was changed unless resizing question size within a question box throws something off.

I would actually like them all in orange. Many thanks!

2 Replies
Marcia Witt

FOUND it! In case anyone else has this question, I will post one way how to do this. I did not see a place to make a global change.

1. Select the Slide view of a Quiz question
  2. Highlight a single quiz response
  3. Choose States from the menu at the bottom of the edit area
  4. Click on Edit States
  5. Choose the Normal state and change the color of the checkbox or radio button (at the very top of the screen). Changing the color on Normal appears to carry over to the other states
  6. Select the Hover state if you want to highlight an answer on a rollover. If Hover doesn't exist, click on Duplicate State and choose "Hover" from the dropdown (I could not choose this by creating a New state) and change colors as desired
  7. Choose Done

It's a little tedious and you need to be careful to highlight the response while changing the state you want at the same time or you get unexpected results.