Font Issues

May 11, 2023

Hello, I have been facing issues with the Hindi translation file developed using the font Kruthidev. Here, the special characters will be converted to extra words in the Menu section. Currently, I am using the Articulate version of April 18, 2023 -  3.75.30269.0. Please suggest me a solution that could help me to resolve this issue. Also find the below attachment for reference.

11 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hello Bharath, 

Sorry to hear that you ran into this issue. 

It looks like you tried to attach a screenshot or a copy of your project file to this thread. Would you mind attaching them again so we can take a look?

Regarding the behavior your experiencing, one way to test if the issue is font specific is by using a standard font like Arial to isolate the behavior. 

Additionally, if this is possible, try downloading the Kruthidev from a different source. There is always a chance that the font that you downloaded might have had some issues with it, and replacing it with a similar font from another source might help. 

If the issue persists, open a case with our support team here so we can take a closer look at what's happening. 

Bharath Poojary

Hello Joe Tansengco,  

I have tried both the methods which you had suggested. But still facing the same issue. When I replace the content in Arial font, the content gets converted into some random characters. Please suggest a solution that could help to resolve this issue. Also, find the below attachment for reference.

Zulqarnain Jabbar

I understand that you're experiencing issues with the Hindi translation file using the Kruthidev font, where special characters are being converted to extra words in the Menu section. To help you resolve this problem, I recommend the following steps:

Verify Font Compatibility: Ensure that the Kruthidev font you are using is fully compatible with the Articulate version you mentioned. Sometimes font compatibility issues can cause unexpected behavior.

Font Substitution: If the Kruthidev font is causing issues, you can try substituting it with a different Hindi font that is known to work well with Articulate. This can be done by updating the font settings within your Articulate project.

Text Encoding: Check the text encoding settings for your Hindi translation file. Ensure that it is set to the appropriate encoding for displaying Hindi characters accurately. UTF-8 encoding is widely used and recommended for multi-language support.

File Format: Verify that the Hindi translation file is saved in a compatible format, such as Unicode text (.txt) or UTF-8 encoded text (.txt), to preserve the special characters correctly.

Articulate Support: If the issue persists, I recommend reaching out to Articulate support directly. Provide them with detailed information about the problem, including the version of Articulate, font details, and any error messages encountered. They should be able to assist you further with troubleshooting and finding a suitable solution.

Please find the attached file for reference. Let me know if there's anything else I can assist you with.

Jürgen Schoenemeyer

summary: it's a problem of "Kruti Dev" char layout - there are no "brackets", "hyphen" and some other chars (§, $, %) in "Kruti Dev" possible on the default keybord layout

in the content area you can use mixed fonts and add the brackets in "Arial", in the menu it's not possible to use two different fonts in the same text

=> using unicode text with a unicode font should solve your problem

Jürgen Schoenemeyer

in the attachment there are some versions with "normal" unicode fonts

result on review 360:

you can find here some usable fonts for free

Important: don't use in storyline "Arial"

• storyline always uses "web open fonts" (embeded fonts)
  • there is no legal free "web open font" version of Arial available
    (you have to pay ~ $1000 for the legal version per website)
  • you only can use "Arial" on the web for free, if you don't embed the font
    (this is not possible in storyline)