Freeform Question Text Entry (Storyline 360)

May 05, 2021

A little background: I'm creating systems training using screen recordings and making the user click and type their way through to complete the course. 

In my freeform slides I would like the cursor to already be in the text entry box when the slide starts. There seems to be a mix in the ones I've created so far: sometimes you have to click into the text box when you arrive on the slide, and sometimes the cursor is already in the box - and I have no idea what I did for that to happen. 

What do I need to do to ensure that the cursor is ready and waiting in the text box without the user having to click into it? (sorry if it's really obvious)

5 Replies
Becca Levan

Hi Erica,

Thanks for reaching out, and I'm happy to offer a tip on how you can start a Freeform Question slide with the cursor starting in the Text Entry field!

You'll want to drag the Freeform Question Text Entry box to the bottom of the timeline order. I did a quick test, and this worked for me. Here's a Peek recording of my test.

Looking forward to hearing if this works for you!

Keith Nikitin

Thank you, this did work.

Keith Nikitin, Sr Instructional Designer ⁞
nThrive
P: 678.248.8390
200 North Point Center, Suite 400, Alpharetta, GA 30022
We make healthcare revenue cycle management simple, efficient, accurate
​www.nthrive.com
*****Attention*****
This electronic transmission may contain confidential, sensitive, proprietary and/or privileged information belonging to nThrive, Inc. and its affiliates. In addition, it may also contain patient health information, which may be subject to protection under federal and state privacy laws, including but not limited to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, as amended (HIPAA). Authorized recipients of this information are prohibited from disclosing the information to any unauthorized party and are required to properly dispose of the information upon fulfillment of its need and/or use, unless otherwise required by law. Access to this transmission (including any attachments) by anyone other than the intended recipient is not authorized. If you are not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, printing or copying of this transmission is strictly prohibited and may subject you to criminal or civil penalties. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender and immediately delete this message from your computer.