How to hide and disable the Play/Pause button in the SL360 responsive player ?

Oct 30, 2017

Hi heroes !

Could you share some tips on how to disable the Play/Pause button in the responsive player ?

Play/Pause button in the Responsive player

I wish to hide it as well but still display the progression circle.
My course will only be displayed in the landscape mode.

I guess it would require some hacking within the html5 output files.

Thanks a lot !

18 Replies
Philip Siwinski

Hi Alyssa, thanks for your help.

I'm interested in keeping the seekbar but removing the Play/Pause button in the responsive player. The course will not be launched on desktop.

While I understand there is no setting to achieve that, I wonder if I could modify the output files to achieve that.

Thanks

Kerrin Smith

I'm using the new Modern player with default settings that include the pause/play button and not the seekbar, since most of my slides include an audio file, layers and/or animations. I have a collection of slides that do not include audio or animations, and for these I want the pause/play button hidden. I'm able to accomplish this for most of these slides by using the custom settings. While there isn't the option to hide the pause/play button, just selecting custom settings seems to remove it. There are however a few slides that I'm unable to hide the pause/play button even when I select custom settings. Is there something I'm missing?

Thanks!

Kerrin

Ren Gomez

Hi Steve,

That's correct. The play/pause button and the seekbar are connected, and it's not possible to disable it at certain points within the slide if you've initially included it.

Even though you've enabled it in the Player, you can still specify what slides you'd like to exclude the seekbar by customizing the Player features in the Slide Properties.

This might not be helpful for your current situation, but a good FYI in case you come across this instance in the future!

steve dennis

Understood. There are some times it would be very good to have the same ability to disable or hide the play pause that we have with next/previous.

For example pausing the timeline to force
The user to tap a hotspot can be circumvented by them simply pressing play

Steve Dennis
973-270-6243
Extension 861-7450

nir harpaz

hello

there is a serious problem with the seekbar not reacting to pause timeline/resume timeline.

hance If i go with the seekbar, pause it via the seekbar button, and then click on the screen, the timeline will remain stopped.

if I click twice, the timeline will continue as the seek bar button still sometimes show the play button. it's extremely restricting to work with this software when components that control the same things are only partially connected to each other

Zachary Liu

Having the same problem. I think this is widely known (and for some years now) that the media timeline (which 'can' be controlled by the seekbar play pause button) and the timeline (which is controlled by both the seekbar and user defined interaction) can often run out of sync causing considerable headaches for learning developers.  I feel your pain, and not sure when this will be fixed. 

Kelly Auner

Hi, Francesco!

Steve might not be subscribed to this discussion, but you're welcome to contact them directly through their profile by clicking on their name and selecting Contact Me. Additionally, if you'd like assistance with anything, is it possible to provide us with some details on what you're looking to achieve?