How to insert a zoom interaction in Storyline 360?

Apr 15, 2022

Hi - I know these instructions are here somewhere on this site, but I couldn't find them. 

I have images of documents in my course. It's not possible to read the text on the images because it's too small. How do I insert a zoom interaction so that my users can click to see the document up close and personal? 

TIA - 

Lerissa

6 Replies
Walt Hamilton
Tracy Buthe

Hi Lerissa,

There is a Zoom Picture tool on the Picture Format bar. However, you need to insert the picture as large as possible and then shrink it down after you put it on the slide so that when the learner clicks on it, the picture will zoom to the original size that it was inserted as. You can't scroll around and it won't be any bigger then it was when it was originally inserted. That being said there are a number of ways this can be done but I like Judy's suggestion best because you can control whether or not the learner can advance based on the views of the slide layers with triggers. So if each paragraph is one layer, they can't go on until they at least visit each layer or however you set it up. 

That's my two-cents worth. Hope it helps. 

Tracy

Lerissa Patrick

Hi Judy - I like this idea. However, when I searched for how to insert a hyperlink to a document, I found this: Atriculate Storyline - attach document - Articulate Storyline Discussions - E-Learning Heroes   , which seems to be outdated, When I created a button (or selected the image of the document), I didn't see the dialog box from that article ... just the usual trigger wizard, which doesn't have anything about opening a pdf ... 

Help?