How to trigger the movement of a 360 image

Feb 04, 2022

Drone on a 360 degree background image

Hello everyone,

I've been set a challenge to imitate the movement of a drone controlled by the user.

My idea was to use the up/down/left/right buttons to trigger movement of the drone along short equivalent motion paths (relative start point). This works fine for a static background image.

However, I cannot work out how to synchronise the movement of the drone with the movement of a background 360 degree image (setting similar motion paths for the image merely move the entire image rather than tilt/pan).

Any ideas how I might achieve this?

Thanks in advance.
2 Replies
Aleyah Finley

Hey Sam!

This is a really good question. Storyline 360 is able to meet more intricate requirements such as this. Here's an article with some info on how to add 360 images. It also includes a guide on setting up hotspots and navigational controls to provide a seamless experience for users. I hope this helps!

Brenton Dwyer

Hey Sam and Aleyah,

I don't believe the article you linked to provided a solution to Sam's problem...

Did you ever figure this out? I am trying to achieve something similar.

As you mentioned, with a static image you can apply triggers to buttons that can move a static image along a motion path. however I can't seem to find a way to use buttons to trigger movement/rotation within a 360image. It appears you can only move around 'within' a 360 image by clicking and dragging the image (on a desktop) which is not the desired outcome.

Is there some sort of variable that we can set/access that will allow us to move around within the 360 image through the use of custom buttons?