Image Quality Issues in Storyline 360

Jun 07, 2021

Hi everyone! I could really use some help. 

I am having serious issues with image quality in SL. I have read countless articles on how to fix this and I feel like I am hitting a dead end. 

The issue isn't with the company stock photos I am using. Those look fantastic. The issue I am having is with images of documents. A lot of the training content I am creating is to train employees on our CRM system and in document processing. I am trying to include images of documents as examples in the training, but no matter the image quality before, when I add it to SL it becomes really grainy and blurry. 

I saw suggestions on here about the size of the image so I resized all images to 2048 or below, but they are still appearing blurry. I also have messed around with the picture format (JPG, PNG, etc.) and it doesn't seem to matter then either. I also have tried to not crop or resize at all in SL and that doesn't work either. 

I am at a loss and becoming rather frustrated by losing a lot of time on trying to resolves this. Any ideas of any tricks I can use to fix the quality for users?

4 Replies
Ren Gomez

Hi Hannah,

Thanks for reaching out, and I appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting this issue! From here, I'd like to have our support engineers lend a hand and offer some help in getting the image quality to appear as expected. 

I've opened a case on your behalf and will send you an upload link. If you can share your .story file and an example image that is inserting with poor quality, my team will take a look and offer guidance.

Be on the lookout for a reply soon!