Internal hyperlinks stop working randomly in Storyline 360

Aug 02, 2023

I'm encountering a very frustrating bug with Storyline 360: Internal hyperlinks stop working, apparently randomly, both in preview and in the published module. 

They work well when I'm creating, but after a while working on the module (and I do not touch the slides that have the hyperlinks nor the target slides) they just stop working: hovering the mouse does not highlight the hyperlinked text, and nothing happens when I click on it.

I don't know if this has anything to do with this issue, but I'm using Variable references in the same text box, but not in the hyperlinked text (it's really in a different paragraph).

I don't see anything wrong with the triggers:

This module is heavily reliant on hyperlinks, so I would not be able to use buttons or other options instead.

I would appreciate any help with this one.

3 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hello Adrian, 

Happy to help!

I tried to recreate this behavior in a new project file but I encountered no issues with either the functionality of the hyperlinks or its hover state. My test slide looks like this: 

And this Review 360 link demonstrates the behavior. Since I wasn't able to replicate the behavior, would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a closer look at what's happening? We'll delete it when we're done testing!