Lost project

Mar 29, 2021

Hi,

I opened up storyline 360 after not using it for a while and the recent area is empty. I went to look for my storyline project and cannot find it on my PC! I can find the output files when I published it but not the actual project to do updates and amendments to. Can anyone advise where this might be hiding or how to find it?

Thank you, from a panicky eLearning author!

6 Replies
Celia Wells

no

Celia M. Wells, PhD, RN
Director of Patient Care Services
South Oaks Hospital
400 Sunrise Highway
Amityville, NY 11701
Cell: 516-724-0112
Email: cwells@northwell.edu

The information contained in this electronic e-mail transmission and any attachments are intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom or to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If the reader of this communication is not the intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for delivering this communication to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or disclosure of this communication and any attachment is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone and electronic mail, and delete the original communication and any attachment from any computer, server or other electronic recording or storage device or medium. Receipt by anyone other than the intended recipient is not a waiver of any attorney-client, physician-patient or other privilege.

Kelly Auner

Hi Celia,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue and understand how frustrating that can be! Jurgen's suggestion of checking the temp folder is a great start. Here are the step-by-step instructions:

1. Open this folder in Windows Explorer: %appdata%\Articulate\Storyline
  2. Scan the contents of this folder for a file that starts with the name of your project. If you find one, copy it to your desktop. If you find more than one, copy the latest version to your desktop.
  3. Change the file extension of the copy on your desktop from *.tmp to *.story.
  4. Double-click the file to open it in Storyline.

I also wanted to quickly note that replying via email includes your signature here so you are welcome to edit the post and remove that information if you wish!