Matching Drop Down

Jan 04, 2018

Hi all, 
I am trying to build a quiz where items can have the same answer. For example there are 8 statements in the left column (to match) and I want the learner to to select Low, Medium, or High. Preferably they would only see each matching option once, but could select it multiple times. Is there a way to do this? Currently the drop down contains:
Low
High
Low
Low
Med
Med (etc.)

Thanks so much!

8 Replies
Davin McLaird

I think I'm having the same issue/question.   I have a matching drop-down type of question where I have 5 items that the learner needs to identify as either one of two possible choices.  As Stephanie mentioned, even though I only want there to be two possible choices in the drop-down, 5 choices appear.  Further, if the learner selects the correct choice - but it doesn't happen to be the instance of that choice that is matched to the item in the form - it is counted as incorrect.

The attachment I've added asks the learner to identify 5 items as being either a color or a shape.  I'd like for the drop-down to only list color once and shape once and let the learner just select the right one for each of the 5 items.  (Hope that was clear.)

Teresa Vanderpost

Hi David, I was searching the community for a solution to this.  I found many but they seemed like a lot of work for my timeline.  I had the same situation as you - I had 9 options and they have to choose one out of two possible answers...I made a table just for aesthetics.  Essentially column 1 are my factors, and column 2 they have to select one of the two shapes, This is a pick many free form quiz option.  So I selected all the shapes in the free form, and just put a check mark beside the one that must be correct and told the user they must select all before clicking submit.  And told them to click again to deactivate.  So user does have to read instructions.  Seems to work.  Just did it this morning in 360.  I put in a one slide to show.  I know your post is a year old, but sometimes you are still plugging away looking for a solution the next time.  I also changed the look of the selected state on the buttons so the user can tell they activated it.

Edit- sorry I just realized I forgot to change the state of number 8 to green for modifiable.  But you get the gist.