Missing Submit button

May 24, 2019

I'm using a Velocity MC template with built-in interaction that refers to a Submit button but there isn't a button on this slide. I don't see it in Slide View or when I Preview. I tried adding a Submit button but then I would have to add additional triggers, and this doesn't seem right. 

What am I missing? 

7 Replies
Ned Whiteley

Hi Esther,

The top image in my first post above is a screenshot of Preview mode and so you should see your Submit button as shown. If you are not seeing this in Preview, you need to check your Slide Properties (double click on base layer).

I should also point out that if you are using the Classic Player rather than the Modern Player, your Submit button will be an actual button with the word Submit on it.

Kathleen Czop

Hello, 

Newbie here! I see a submit button on my preview, but when I click it nothing happens. I'd like it to go to the "correct layer" slide. I want to make a trigger like "go to correct layer when user clicks submit button." But there is no submit button in the dropdown. I tried creating one, but the checkmark in the corner still appears in the preview and it's necessary to click it to go the "correct layer." Help? 

Walt Hamilton

I'm not sure which of these statements is accurate:

I see a submit button on my preview, but when I click it nothing happens.

the checkmark in the corner still appears in the preview and it's necessary to click it to go the "correct layer." 

but maybe I can help. First thing to check is to go to Form view of your slide, and make sure the Correct and Incorrect panes have a message in them. Otherwise, there is no Correct or Incorrect layer.

If that is all right, make sure you have not written a trigger like "go to correct layer when user clicks submit button". The submit button has built-in superpowers that handle all the necessary actions, including submitting, grading, and showing the appropriate layer when clicked.

If neither of those two help, attach your .story file here so someone can take a look at it, and identify the problem.

Kathleen Czop

Thank you for your help, Walt. This is my first time using forms (again
super newbie). How do I add a correct layer pane there? If you read below,
I may not need this but still want to know how to do it.

Also, now that I think about it, I don't really need a submit button
because ideally l want the "correct layer" to show up as soon as all of the
items in my drag and drop are in place correctly (I have them snapping back
if not in the correct box). Could you explain to me how to do that?

Thank you so much for all of your help!