Navigation Restriction Override - Storyline 360

May 17, 2023

I have a client that requires their courses to have a restricted navigation in the menu and the allow drag after completion restraint on the seekbar. They are requesting to have a workaround/override feature to be added, so they can advance through the course quickly for testing purposes after they have uploaded to their LMS. 

I've added a key press trigger to the slide master that allow the user to advance to the next slide when the combination of the shift & right arrow keys are selected, which is working as intended.

Advance Trigger Image

The road block that I'm running into is trying to advance to the next scene. This same key press trigger wasn't working for advancing to the next scene so I've tried adding conditions and tapping into some of the built-in variables, but that didn't work either.

Advance Scene Trigger

Then I thought maybe I need to use a different key press trigger combination so I created an new trigger for advance to the next scene using the combination of shift & the down arrow keys but that also didn't work.

Advance Scene Trigger 2

I'm including a Review 360 link for reference & also attaching a demo Storyline file.
https://360.articulate.com/review/content/9240fddd-e29c-4394-b76f-ff35a1620c22/review

Any insight as to what I'm doing wrong or may be missing would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone has a better method that they have used before that would be great too.

Pinned Reply
Steven Benassi

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to share some great news! We are no longer seeing the bug that caused the Jump-to-next-scene triggers on slide masters to stop working.

Please make sure that you are using the current version of Storyline 360 (Build 3.77.30568.0). This guide walks you through installing, updating, and opening Articulate 360 apps.

Please let us know if you're still encountering the issue and we'd be happy to continue troubleshooting with you in a support case.

4 Replies
Eric Santos

Hi Dennis,

Thanks for the detailed description of the issue and for sharing the project file, and I'm sorry you ran into this.

Your observation is correct that a Jump to Scene trigger is needed to navigate to slides in another scene. We have an open issue in Storyline 360 where the Jump to Next Scene trigger doesn't work on a slide master. As a workaround, you can add the trigger directly on the slide instead of the slide master.

I'll share your findings with the team and notify you of any changes. Here's a peek into our process:

Let me know if you have questions!

Steven Benassi

Hello Everyone!

I wanted to share some great news! We are no longer seeing the bug that caused the Jump-to-next-scene triggers on slide masters to stop working.

Please make sure that you are using the current version of Storyline 360 (Build 3.77.30568.0). This guide walks you through installing, updating, and opening Articulate 360 apps.

Please let us know if you're still encountering the issue and we'd be happy to continue troubleshooting with you in a support case.