The Articulate 360 desktop app gives you quick access to all the authoring tools and resources in your subscription. It’s where you:
- Install, update, and open desktop-authoring apps, such as Storyline and Studio.
- Get notifications when new software updates are available.
- Open web apps, such as Rise 360 and Review 360.
- Manage your profile, account, and preferences.
- Run diagnostics.
The Articulate 360 desktop app is always just a click away. It runs quietly in your computer’s system tray (by the clock). Click the Articulate 360 icon when you need it.
In this user guide, you'll learn how to:
- Install the Articulate 360 Desktop App
- Update the Articulate 360 Desktop App
- Snooze Notifications
- Manually Check for Updates
- Set your preferences
Before you get started…
Articulate 360 requires a Windows PC running Windows 10 or Windows 11. Click here for system requirements.
If you're using a Mac, click here to learn about installing Articulate apps in a Windows virtual environment.
And you may need to add these websites to your allowlist to access all Articulate 360 resources.
- Go to https://360.articulate.com and sign in with your Articulate ID. (Your Articulate ID is the email address and password you used when you signed up for a free trial or bought a subscription. It’s also the email address and password you use to sign in to the E-Learning Heroes community. If you don’t remember your password, you can reset it.)
- After signing in, click Download Desktop Apps on the right sidebar.
- Click Start Download and save the installation file on your computer. (If you see a Microsoft Defender SmartScreen warning, click More info and then click Run anyway.)
- Right-click the installation file and choose Run as administrator.
- Select your preferred interface language when the installer launches by clicking the English (United States) drop-down list on the upper-right corner.
- If you want to change the directory where you install the apps, click the folder icon beside the language drop-down list. Learn how to customize your install folder.
- Click Install Now.
- When the installation is complete, click Finish.
- The Articulate 360 desktop app will automatically open. If you're prompted to sign in, use your Articulate ID email address and password again. (Articulate 360 uses your default browser to sign in.)
That's it! When you click the X in the upper right corner of the desktop app, it'll shrink to your computer's system tray (by the clock) and continue to run quietly in the background. When you need it again, just click the Articulate 360 icon in your system tray or double-click the shortcut on your desktop.
Now that you’ve installed your desktop app, check out these user guides to learn more about using it:
- Articulate 360: Using the Desktop-Authoring Apps
- Articulate 360: Using the Web Apps
- Articulate 360: Managing Your Profile and Account
- Articulate 360: Running Diagnostics
One of the benefits of an Articulate 360 subscription is that you get continuous updates when new features are available. Articulate 360 can install updates automatically as they become available.
If you choose to disable automatic updates and enable notifications in your preferences, you’ll get an instant Windows notification when an update is available. And you’ll always see when an update is available as soon as you open the Articulate 360 desktop app, as shown here.
To install an update for the Articulate 360 desktop app, simply click the blue Update button in the top right corner. The update will automatically download and install without any additional prompts. It couldn’t be easier!
After updating the Articulate 360 desktop app, you can then update your authoring apps, such as Storyline 360. Learn more.
If you choose to disable automatic updates and you’re not ready to install the new version, you can snooze the notification for a day, a week, or until the next update is available. Click the bell icon on the blue status bar and choose one of the options.
Snoozing a notification temporarily hides the blue status bar. If you’d also like to turn off Windows notifications for Articulate 360 updates, see below for details.
You can manually check for updates at any time, even if you’ve temporarily snoozed notifications. Click the drop-down arrow in the upper right corner of the Articulate 360 desktop app and choose Check for Updates.
There are two ways to access your preferences.
- Open the Articulate 360 desktop app, then click the drop-down arrow in the upper right corner and choose Preferences.
- Or, right-click the Articulate 360 icon in your computer's system tray (by the clock) and choose Preferences.
On top you’ll see is the version number of your Articulate 360 desktop app. This information is helpful when you’re working with Articulate Support on an issue. See below for more details on each setting.
Notifications are enabled by default. You’ll get Windows notifications, like the one shown below, for Articulate 360 events, such as when new updates are available. If you’d prefer not to see these notifications, uncheck the Show notifications box.
Automatic updates are enabled by default, saving you time and ensuring you always have the latest enhancements. If you'd prefer not to install updates automatically, uncheck the box to Install updates automatically for the Articulate 360 desktop app. (If you don't see this option, it either means your Articulate 360 desktop app is out of date, or your organization has disabled automatic updates.)
You can help improve Articulate 360 desktop products by sending usage data to our servers. We analyze feature metrics and error reports from Articulate 360 desktop products as well as device and browser data when learners view published output. If you'd prefer to opt out of these analytics, uncheck the Privacy box. Learn more.
Want to change the interface language for your Articulate 360 apps? Choose your preferred language from the drop-down list, click Save, then restart all your Articulate apps, including the Articulate 360 desktop app itself. (To restart the Articulate 360 desktop app, right-click the Articulate 360 icon in your system tray by the clock and choose Quit. Then launch it again from your desktop shortcut or your Start menu.)
The language setting controls the interface language for the Articulate 360 desktop app, Storyline 360, Studio 360, Replay 360, and Peek 360.
If your organization is behind a proxy server that requires you to enter security credentials to access Articulate 360 services, switch your Proxy setting to Manual, then enter your username and password in the fields that appear.
NOTE: Be sure to click Save when you've finished updating your preferences.