Number variable behaving erratically since last update?
Mar 03, 2022
I'm running into problems with navigation in lightboxes.
Our setup is as follows:
- A main scene with mostly question slides and a second scene with Information slides, always presented in lightboxes
- Information slides can consist of multiple layers: if so, these layers are shown or hidden after the user presses a custom shape.
- When the shape is clicked a number variable is increased or decreased. (trigger on the master slide)
Depending on the actual value of the varaible, a layer becomes visible or hidden. (trigger on the slide)
This value of the number variable is initialized on the slide master
Demonstration of the problem:
In the attached storyline file, the navigation shape on the lightboxed slide does not trigger the layer. Usually this occurs sometime after going through a couple of slides and lightboxes.
This can be demonstrated by,
- going to a question
- clicking the green text (lightbox opens)
- navigate to the last layer
- close the lightbox
- repeat for 2 more question slides
- sooner or later the lightbox that opens will stop showing the layers
From my tests, it seems as if the number variable is counting erratically; when clicking the navigation buton and closing and reopening the lightbox I seem to get random numbers representing the variable.
Anybody else having problems with number variables? Is this something I can fix myself? Thanks in advance,