Quiz modifications on Articulate Storyline 360

Jan 15, 2023

Hi all,

I am working on Storyline 360 Version 3.71.

I have developed this course which requires the learner to pass the 5 question quiz at the end to mark completion. I have created a Question Bank and drawn the slides into the course. How can I:

1. Let the learner try the quiz multiple times if they don't achieve the 80% pass?
    2. Let the questions be shuffled? Does this happen automatically when I choose DRAW RANDOMLY from the Question bank edit screen?
    3. Modify the way the Review Quiz screen shows where they see a Correct/incorrect panel at the bottom of the question panel? The button on this panel has very limited click area and there are no instructions on the screen about how to proceed to the next slide, though they need to click the Submit button again to proceed to the next question.

Thanks

Lakshmi V

2 Replies
ANNE Learning
  1. Can be achieved in two ways:
    1. Add a retry button to your result slide that resets the results and takes people back to the 1st question - you can even choose to skip questions they answered correctly.
    2. Set the number of attempts to unlimited or whatever number you prefer on each slide (hit the "Design" tab (Question tools) and choose number of attempts.
  2. This is a simple checkmark in the question bank
  3. I think I need to see your project to answer that one. The out-of-the-box design on the feedback slides is usually pretty user friendly. You would need to edit the design of your feedback slide layers. Go to the "Correct", "Incorrect" or "Try again" layer and then select the "View" tab at the top. Then choose "Feedback Master" and make your changes there.
Judy Nollet

Re: question 3.

• The SUBMIT button doesn't appear during a Review. Instead, the program automatically replaces it with the PREV and NEXT buttons to allow the user to step through the questions.
  • If you add a layer called "Review" to a question slide, the program will automatically show that layer during a quiz review. You can add whatever content you want to that layer. For example:
    • Add feedback about the question.
    • Add instructions to click NEXT (though, personally, I don't think that should be necessary). 
    • Add a solid object across the bottom of the "Review" layer if you want to completely cover the "Correct" and "Incorrect" labels.