Recieved results in LMS ineligable

I have created the attached scorm and added it to a course on TalentLMS. Everything works 'okay' except for the text that is entered is gobbledegoopy (yes that's a word :P).

Entered text:

This is supposed to be 255 characters of text. The issue, I’ve discovered, isn’t with Adobe Captivate, but with the way that Scorm 1.2 is configured. It has an overall character limit of 4000ish, but a 255 limit per text box.

Text in LMS report:

2Nde60708090a0b0c0IH1001313z01012011120121201013011130121301313~2o42001^1^1^~2D3This is supposed to be 255 characters of text. The issue^7 I^Cve discovered^7 isn^Ct with Adobe Captivate^7 but with the way that Scorm 1.2 is configured. It has an overall character limit of 4000ish^7 but a 255 limit per text box.v_player.5k89sh6jBLf.5vL2pySwgrE1^1^000~2e8~2H5f210b101001a1a103eV1~2o43400g600101^8_default3400~2X3680121^8_default~2D3This is supposed to be 255 characters of text. The issue^7 I^Cve discovered^7 isn^Ct with Adobe Captivate^7 but with the way that Scorm 1.2 is configured. It has an overall character limit of 4000ish^7 but a 255 limit per text box.T0R24jL34003400340034003400q70020181^g_default_Visited00000~2q2f210b101001a1a1010~2913400r78000141^h_default_DisabledA780501c1^q_default_Selected_Disabled3400T0R29oL34003400340034003400q70020181^g_default_Visited0000002110

 

1 Reply
Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Adam, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes! ✨

Thank you for sharing your published file. I tested it in SCORM cloud, and here's what I noticed:

  • The report shows the gobbledegoopy text (which is totally a word!) under cmi.suspend.data, which means it's not being reported as an answer to the LMS.

SCORM Cloud 2021-05-20 at 12.16.30 PM

  • If you look at the types of interactions (questions), you only have a Pick one and a Multiple-Choice:

SCORM Cloud Reporting 2021-05-20 at 12.19.00 PM

  • SCORM 1.2 classifies text entry as a performance interaction, which you don't have listed above. 
  • My suggestion would be to follow the steps in this article and send the answers to the LMS through a variable. 

Let me know if this works!