Retry Quiz button in Storyline 360

Mar 19, 2018

I just created my first item in Storyline 360.  Have used Storyline 2 for two years.  However, when I try to add Retry Quiz through the Results Slide I don't see the box to check it.  Do we need to create this activity another way?

17 Replies
Laura Corral

Hello,

I have the Retry Button on the Results Slide. I added triggers that restart course and to jump to slide 1.1. The player setting in all the slides are set to reset to initial state. 

My project is about changing slate of figures from hidden to normal when the user clicks a button. And mark them right with a number of clicks on that button. When the user is trying for second time the figures appears randomly instead of the order I gave. I need some expertise to look into my file. Works fine if you are trying for the first time, my problem is when the user is revisiting once is published. 

Ren Gomez

Hi Laura,

I'm sorry to hear your course isn't working as expected during a quiz retry! It sounds like you have the right settings in place, but our support team would be happy to take a closer look and offer suggestions.

I've opened a case on your behalf with a support engineer to lend you a hand in testing your file. Feel free to upload it using your personal link here.

They'll reach out with next steps after they're done!

Kate Kromer

Wondering if it's possible to use a Retry Quiz button on a Results Slide that is a summary/aggregate of four different Results slides within a course? I have a 50-question assessment with four different topic "buckets." I need to keep track of results across the four topic areas, but also need them to boil up to one summary result so I can track the learners' scores/completions in the LMS.

I'd like to allow learners to retake only the questions they missed - but across all four of the topic areas. Currently, my trigger for the Retry button - which is on the Failure layer of what I'm calling the Results Summary slide - includes a trigger to reset the results of each of the four Results slides with the "Reset only incorrect questions" option checked. The problem? Only the first topic area's questions are resetting... the rest of the triggers to reset the other three Results slides are not firing.

I understand why it doesn't work to have the Retry trigger connect to the Summary Results slide itself (since that's just calculating the results of the other Results slides and so isn't really connected directly to the quiz questions), but I thought it would work to have the Retry trigger reset all the other results slides.

Any ideas? 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Kate,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing what you are working on and your troubleshooting.

Do you have the triggers to reset the results slide above the trigger to jump back to the first question slide? I'm curious if trigger order may be the culprit here.

I'd like you to share your project file with our support engineers to investigate what's happening with your permission. You can share it privately by uploading it here. It will be deleted when troubleshooting is complete.