SL360 crashes on specific slide

Mar 25, 2022

SL360 crashed when switching from one slide to the next. The slide's playbar was still running when switching, but this is usually not a problem. Since then I can't open the second slide in edit mode without SL360 crashing. Preview of the slide works. The same file can be edited by my colleague without problems. So the error must be in my SL360. I have already deleted the temporary file from the crash from AppData, performed file fragmentation, performed SL360 update and restarted the computer several times. What can it be that SL360 always hangs on the same slide (even in all previous versions of the file), not on my colleague and not on another computer.

1 Reply
Gerald Sale

Hi DR-B learning solutions GmbH,

I'm sorry to hear that you were having an issue when authoring your Storyline project file. 

May I confirm if you are working your files into your local drive?

Be sure you're working on your local hard drive (typically your C: drive) when creating, editing, and publishing Storyline courses. Working on a network drive or a USB drive can cause erratic behavior, such as file corruption or an inability to save changes. See this article for more information and tips.

If you are already working your project files into your local drive, please reinstall Storyline and see if it helps. 

If the issue persists, I recommend you to work directly with our support team so we can further troubleshoot the issue. Thanks!