SL360/SL3 and OneDrive

Do StoryLine and OneDrive play nice now? 

I know in the past, files would be missing after sync.

Today, about a year after I heard about that (and saw it firsthand), I did a quick test run - and it seems to be working just fine. Even the external_files folder is populated as expected.

Is it safe for me to tell my IT department now that I can use OneDrive?

For those not familiar with OneDrive:  the files are stored in both locations, and synced when connected. Therefore, when I launch a .story file from my OneDrive folder in Windows Explorer, I'm launching the local copy. Per my IT guys...

6 Replies
Jim Powell

Everybody seems to be dodging the question.  This is really frustrating I've been using Dropbox for years with articulate now that I switched the OneDrive it's not working again I am not trying to edit anything in the cloud I am not trying to collaborate with anybody anywhere all I am trying to do is use my files for studio 360 in a local drive that also happens to be backed up to the cloud somehow everybody seems to be missing that in these messages except the original poster. I've been on with support chat for 20 minutes and they don't have much of a clue. This is so frustrating it don't even know what one drive is I'm trying to explain that I'm not using this stuff in the cloud.

Cheryl Hoffman

Due to the recommendation from Articulate to work and save locally, I finally convinced my IT department that OneDrive is not going to work for me. Out of over 4,000 people in my organization, I will be the ONLY one not using OneDrive. They've ordered me an external drive for backing up my files. I still use OneDrive to share things like Word docs with people, but none of my StoryLine files or assets will go on OneDrive until Microsoft officially supports Articulate files, and Articulate puts the word out that it's cool to use OneDrive.

Jim Powell

wow... so you never got it figured out.... dropbox works for me just fine but I hate dropbox and I got stuck with onedrive on this new computer.... jeez this isn't rocket science, I'm not trying to "collaboarate" in the cloud, I know articulate doesn't work that way.  The automatic response of the support team is to say "it doesn't do that.... make a 'package' zip…"  

I get that, what they don't get is only need to use a LOCAL drive called  C:\Users\Jim Powell\OneDrive - TDG LLC

I need to do that for organizational purposes (long story).  I've been doing it this way for 3 years with dropbox, I hate those people and don't want to h ave to go back to them now that I know ARticulate studio won't work with onedrive (even though it works fine with dropbox).

Crazy waste of time.  But Cheryl thank you.  And FWIW for everyone reading this -- I have a full subscription to teams in articulate and every product they offer, so I know about online tools such as Rise and others... that's not the point of this post.