SL360 Superscripts too low in Preview and published content - vertical alignment issue

Mar 04, 2022

In the Storyline 360 editor, the text formatted as a superscript correctly displays with the top of the character clearly above the ascender line of normal text (raised by around 40%). In Preview and published content, as the text size increases, the superscript character appears to be aligned lower and lower with respect to the normal text. I suspect the CSS vertical  implementation of text with a superscript is based on a relative value based on the base line of the normal character or something else. This issue is causing us to use all kinds of less-accessible work-arounds. As a bonus, Preview also has the completely unpredictable scroll bars. 

By the way, the discussion in this thread is no longer applicable since the transition to accessible text.

SL360 Superscript Display Issue showing superscripts too low in Preview and published content

3 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hello Robert!

Thanks for providing screenshots! I've tested this in Storyline 360 (Build 3.61.27106.0) and have not seen the same issue. Which version of Storyline 360 are you using?

Is it possible for you to share a .story file with us? You can attach it to this discussion or upload it privately in a support case. 

Robert Lengacher

We're using the same build, but today my team reported a new issue related to the display of ordered lists that are animated by paragraph. This led me to suspect that our existing template was not playing nicely with the newest SL360 build. Today, I rebuilt our template from scratch, and the issue noted above is no longer showing up. I appreciate the help.