Slight off white border - inside edge of Storyline 360 Player

Sep 06, 2018

Hi there, quick question. I'm using Storyline 360, and I'm noticing a slight off white pixel border abound a dark photo background. I've tried different things, and just can't seem to get rid of it. The border - off white/grey in color - is very slight - perhaps only a pixel or two. There are times that the border is on all 4 sides of the background, and with others, it's just on just the left and/or right. This photo shows the border (which is one the inside edge of the player) on the left side of the background image.

Thoughts? - Thanks in advance!

24 Replies
David Schleif

Hi Alyssa... Thanks  for the quick follow up on this. The screen shot I provided was taken directly from the published preview screen, from within the preview mode, as viewed directly from within Storyline 360. Obviously, it's worse when using the dark option for the player frame. At times it does seem worse, like when using slide backgrounds imported directly from PowerPoint, and it seems to get better when using templates from Articulate 360. I'll keep you briefed as I try to discover any patterns... Thanks and have a great weekend.

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi all,

Thanks again for working with us on identifying this issue, and I'm happy to share some great news - Storyline 360, build 3.31.19951.0 is available today!

It includes a fix for the issue where white lines or borders could appear around slides in published content.

Updating to the latest version is free and easy for Articulate 360 users following the steps outlined here.  If you run into any trouble, let us know here in the E-Learning Heroes Community or message our Support Team. We're here to help! 🌟 

Rudy Valentine

Hi All,

I am experiencing a similar white line at the bottom of my activity when I export the file to review and upload it to my Rise course. I was not experiencing this with this file prior to updating to the most recent version of Storyline 360. Is there something in the new version that broke the fix Ashley mentioned 5 months ago?

Note: in the attached screenshot I've set it up so the rise block and storyline file both have the same color background, that's why the line appears to be in the middle rather than the bottom.

Katie Riggio

Good morning, Tony!

It looks like we missed this discussion when Update 8 for Storyline 3 came out. So sorry for the trouble!

This version holds a fix for the issue where white lines or borders would appear around slides in published content. Click here to download the latest update.

Please let us know how you go after the update!

Katie Riggio

Hi there, Lauren!

I'm sorry you ran into that white line on the latest update, and appreciate you keeping us in the loop with your findings.

Since importing the slides into a new Storyline file helped, it's possible there was a corrupt asset. While it's tough to nail down the source of corruption, these tips can help mitigate the risk in the future!

Please let me know if the line reappears. We can always have our support team take a look at the .story file as well!

Joey Blackwell

Hi there, I am also experiencing this issue. 

It is almost like there is a 1px outline inside the frame of the player that covers everything but the first object on the timeline. 

It doesn't make a difference if an image, shape or video file is snapped to the edge of the "artboard" or if extended off the main page. It isn't visible in storyline either in the work area or preview only in review. This is effecting google chrome and IE.

Ren Gomez

Hi Jessica,

This bug should've been fixed in earlier versions of both Storyline 360 and Storyline 3. If you're continuing to experience this issue, feel free to share your file with our Support team, and they'll be able to take a closer look to help troubleshoot in case it's crept back in!

Share your file with us!

Elvin Chan

Hi,

Like the rest, I'm also experiencing this issue. However, I noticed that this has been lingering around for 2 years now. Kindly advise if this has been fixed and / what is the solution for it?

From my side, I have already done the few things I could think of but to no avail. I have:

1. Made sure the background image is fixed to the border perfectly.
  2. When that failed, I've enlarged the background image where it goes beyond the border. 
  3. That didn't work either, so I have changed the artboard background colour to black #000000.

None of these helped and I am desperate.

Please help!

Becca Levan

Hello Elvin,

Thanks for reaching out, and I'm sorry to hear you're still facing a similar issue. It sounds like you've gone through quite a few testing steps on your end, so from here, I'd like to enlist our support engineers to step in.

You should have received an email from me confirming that I've opened a support case on your behalf. Feel free to upload your file with the link in the email I sent, and someone will reach out with a next step!

Jay Couvillon

Hello.  I have created some animated MP4s and brought them in as graphic elements in Storyline. When I preview the slide, a white border appears around part of the video. Because of the placement of the video element, it is obvious where the break between video and slide is. How can I remove this white border?

Jose Tansengco

Hello Jay!

Looks like the one of the objects in your background still has its Shape Outline. Here's a screenshot of two black squares in a slide, with one that has a white shape outline: 

To remove the Shape Outline, try clicking on the shape and then selecting this option: 

You can check out more formatting options for shapes by visiting this article. 

Let me know if this works for you!