Software Simulation

Feb 27, 2023

Hi!

I would like to ask if anyone has experienced the problem I have with the record screen software simulation on Storyline. Basically, if there is a text entry slide in order to submit the user has to press Enter. 

I got this feedback "The Storyline simulation activity instructs you to type the User Name then hit Enter: in a (Product name) browser window this results in the error 'Invalid username/password'."

On the product I am creating the simulation for, the user should not press Enter to submit a text entry.

Does anyone know of any way to get around this?

1 Reply
Kelly Auner

Hi Seain,

Welcome to the E-Learning Heroes community! I'm sorry to hear that you're running into this issue, but I'm happy to help troubleshoot.

• In what browser is the user receiving this error message? Can they reproduce the issue in a different browser?
  • If you're comfortable sharing your file with us here, or privately in a support case, we'll be happy to test it out. We'll delete it from our systems once troubleshooting is complete.

Additionally, if you do not want the user to have to press Enter after entering text, you can try adding some type of trigger to allow Storyline to submit the interaction.