Spacebar key closes Storyline 360

Jul 01, 2021

Possible bug here.

As the title suggest, when I press the space key repeatedly (say, once every second) the whole Storyline project closes. I found this out when I was moving items to their exact moment on the timeline, so I had to pause/play repeteadly, and I was using the spacebar key for that.

So, if the project has unsaved changes, pressing the spacebar repeteadly opens the are you sure you want to exit pop-up. And, if all changes have been saved it direclty closes Storyline. This happens both if I have my timeline is docked and if it is on a different window.

At first I thought it was a crashing bug, but my guess now would be that the key shortcut bindings are wrong and the spacebar somehow activates both the play/pause and the exit functions.

I'm working with v3.53.25436.0.

7 Replies
Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Alex.

Thank you for reaching out and sharing what you are experiencing!

We have a bug reported where Storyline closes without error report after holding down the space bar while clicking several times on the gray area around the slide on slide view.

I've connected this discussion to the bug report, and I'll be sure to come back to update you when I have some news. 

Ren Gomez
Hi everyone,

I wanted to confirm that we just released another update for Articulate 360 and included a few important fixes and new features that you'll see in the release notes here.  

The item you'll be interested in is how pressing the spacebar in slide view or using the timeline preview could prompt you to save your project file or cause Storyline 360 to close unexpectedly.

Just launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer and click the Update button for each application. Details here.

Please let us know if you have any questions, either here or by reaching out to our Support Engineers directly.