5 Replies
Becca Levan

Hello Nancy,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing what you're experiencing!

The screen you’re seeing appears when there is media, like a video or audio, on the first slide of a course. This is expected behavior, so I’m happy to share a couple of suggestions if you’d like the learner not to see this initial screen:

• Add a blank slide with a shortened timeline and create a trigger to jump to the media slide right away. Here's a Peek recording of that.
  • Add an introduction slide where the learner can push a button to start the course and move to the media slide.

Looking forward to hearing if either of these tips works for you!

Nancy Sheet

Hi Becca,

I tried both ways and they both work at first as long as I add my own play button for the user to start the animation. Even when I add a blank slide first, as in your first suggestion, the timeline starts to play but the audio does not. Since the user needs to control when the audio begins, I have to add the play button.

When I published and imported the animation into Rise, the black screen showed up again with option 2. I had to go back to option 1 with my own play button.

i hope you'll get rid of the black screen in future releases. A title slide is much more engaging. Thank you.

Lauren Connelly

Hello Nancy!

Thanks for updating us on what you've tried! It sounds like you're looking for a way to remove the initial screen with the Play button that appears when media is on the first slide. I'm happy to share this with my team so we can track this request. 

We'll keep you updated in this discussion!

Lauren Connelly

Hello! 

I wanted to update this discussion to share a workaround which is to add a cover photo so the first slide with media doesn't show up as a blank screen. 

If anyone has additional questions, please don't hesitate to reach out in this discussion or privately in a support case.