Storyline 360 layers overlapping on correct/incorrect quiz review banner

Mar 10, 2023

I'm writing a quiz and everything is working perfectly except for one thing.

When I review the quiz, the correct/incorrect banner is occasionally overlapped by my custom submit button. I think I know why - those instances are from slides which have a separate layer for the submit button - but I don't know how to fix it. 

It's purely a visual thing - it's not affecting how the slides progress etc., but it's annoying me haha!

Any ideas/suggestions would be much appreciated!

I'm attaching screenshots and can provide the project file if needed

4 Replies
Jose Tansengco

Hi Sarah,

Thanks for reaching out! 

Yes, having access to your project file will definitely help us figure out why the submit button is moved to the front of the review layers. 

Would you be willing to share a copy of your project file here or in private by opening a support case so we can take a closer look at what's happening? We'll delete it when we're done testing!

Luciana Piazza

Hi Sarah! 

Thanks so much for sending along your .story file! It was great to take a closer look at your file and understand your setup.

I'd recommend moving your Submit button to your base layer instead of having it on a separate layer within each slide. This should hopefully fix this issue on your end. 

Additionally, I found an older thread that discusses the Customization of the Review Banner that could be of help. 

Please let me know if this does the trick! We'd be happy to look at your modified file in this thread or privately in a support case if you're still running into difficulty!

Sarah Jones

Hi Luciana, 

Thanks for getting back to me. The reason the submit button is on a separate layer is because it was interfering with the hotspot interactions and that was the only workaround I found. So if I put it on the base layer, the hotspot won't work correctly. If you have a way of solving this, I'd love to know.

Thanks again!