Storyline 360 Notes Showing as Italics

Sep 14, 2018

I'm publishing a course using the Modern player and the course text is set in faces of the Proxima Nova font. I've synced the font via Adobe TypeKit.

The notes text is in the Regular face, but when published, the notes show up in the Italic face. This is the case whether I've selected "Modern Text" or turned it off, and whether viewing in Chrome or IE. I'm running Storyline v3.19.16600.0 via the desktop 360 app. I've published courses in the same design, in the same manner, without seeing this error.

Is anyone else is running into this, either with the same font or a different one?

Thanks in advance!

Ashley

6 Replies
Ashley Kirstein

Update: I've changed the font on a few slides to Open Sans and it renders correctly, so that means the issue is with the font and not with the player or (thank goodness) an issue with the .story file.

In any case, if anyone else is experiencing a similar scenario with Proxima Nova and has a workaround that doesn't require changing the font, please kindly share. 

Thanks!

Leslie McKerchie

Hey Ashley,

Thanks for reaching out to let us know what you are seeing and that the issue does seem to be with that font.

I know we looked into a similar report previously with you here, but we were unable to replicate and we didn't hear back from you. Sorry to hear that you're still experiencing difficulty with this.

We'd still be happy to look for you. Could you share your font installer file, or let us know where you found that font? We'd like to test the exact version you're using.

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Andrew,

It looks like you're using a custom font, which can bring the possibility of not rendering correctly or not scaling well.

Everything You Need to Know About Working with Text in Storyline 360

With your permission, I'd like you to share your .story project file as well as your custom font file with our support engineers to investigate what's happening. You can share it privately by uploading it here. It will be deleted when troubleshooting is complete.

Lori Carlson

Is there a workaround for this. I am also experiencing the same issue when using a licensed version of Proxima Nova, which is required for university branding.

I am using Modern player and when I select Proxima Nova as the player font, all player text is italicized. Please advise. 

Thank you, Lori

Jose Tansengco

Hi Lori, 

As what my colleague mentioned, there is a possibility of custom fonts not displaying properly when used in Storyline 360. With that being said, if you're willing to share both your project file and custom font file, we'd love to take a look at them to figure out what's happening. You can share them privately to us by opening a support case here