Storyline 360 video publishing bug - frozen embedded video

Jul 10, 2019

I have a story with embedded MP4 videos on slides.  I want to publish this as a video. Apart from it taking  a very long time to publish, the embedded videos freeze early in the playback. 

3 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Ray,

What's the overall size of your .story file and the sizes of the individual videos? Our team fixed an issue in Storyline 360 where it could take a while to publish and eventually crash, but that fix was released a number of updates ago. We're now on Storyline 360, build 3.29.19305.0

It would help if we could take a look at your file and attempt publishing it ourselves too. Can you share it with us here in E-Learning Heroes or send along to our Support Team? Either way, we'll delete it when done testing. 

Sarunas Vaitkus
ray laurencelle

I have a story with embedded MP4 videos on slides.  I want to publish this as a video. Apart from it taking  a very long time to publish, the embedded videos freeze early in the playback. 

I have the same issue on the latest Storyline - the exported version video freezes up throughout the play, although the elements appear fine. I have tried to publish using various quality settings but to no avail.