Storyline slides Hang/Freeze in Review 360 when Video Added

Aug 22, 2019

I have an almost completed an interactive medical case built in Storyline 360 that has been having an intermittent freezing problem in Review 360. The last scene ("Model Questions") includes two short video clips: a 10-second screencast to demonstrate how to hover/select questions and a short Articulate asset video of someone answering the phone. Before I added the screencast, the project had been working fine in Review. But now, although it works perfectly in Preview, it now frequently (but not always!) hangs with three dots of death when shifting to that Model Questions scene in Review. Weirdly, it doesn't have this problem if I publish that scene to Review on its own. And sometimes the whole project will load and function properly in Review if I reload it a bunch of times in my browser.

Any ideas for what is going on here? Are the videos (short as they are) just too much for Review 360? I've attached slides of both the non-working (longer) and working (shorter) version. Grateful for any insights the community might have about what I might change or cut to get better functionality.

Thanks so much!   -Ian

10 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Ian,

Thanks for sharing both of those and letting us take a look! I published the larger of the two to Review 360 and you can view it here. 

I didn't have any difficulties with the playback of the videos on the Model questions. Can you take a look at my example and let me know how it behaves for you? It would help to know what browser(s) you're viewing the course in as well! 

Ian L

Hi Ashley,

Many thanks for the quick reply and for trying out the slides. I am, alas, still getting intermittent problems with playback. (Again, three dots and hanging, though sometimes it moves past them quickly and plays.) Not sure if this is a file size issue or internet speed issue or something else, but I am concerned about demoing this with end-users. Grateful for any streamlining or other troubleshooting you can offer.

Thanks so much,

Ian

Vincent Scoma

Hey Ian,

I reviewed the course as well and wasn't experiencing any playback issues. I followed the workflow you provided to try to replicate what you are seeing, but the course continued to play just fine. 

I am also wondering if the issue might be browser-related. May I ask which web browser you are using when reviewing the course? If possible, would it be okay if you could share a Peek 360 video of what is taking place? This would help pinpoint what might be taking place here. 

Please let me know if you have any additional questions! We are happy to help!  

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Brian,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing that you're experiencing a similar issue to what was reported here previously.

As you can see above, we could not replicate the issue or track down the browser with which Ian was experiencing the issue.

Would you be able to share your Review 360 link with our support team here privately, as well as the environment where you are experiencing the issue?