Training Program Test Out Assessment - Multiple Result Slides?
Feb 03, 2022
We're looking to implement a training test out assessment for one of our clinical audiences. Having some trouble identifying the best approach for the course design. Here is the scenario:
1. Single question slide - User is asked about their past experience using the tool to determine test out eligibility
- Choice of 3 responses
- If user selects A - they are eligible to attempt the test out - can proceed to quiz, no Result should be submitted to LMS. Result will be submitted from the assessment they are going to take.
- If user selects B or C - they are inelidgble to test out - must continue with full training program & report a Failure for test out item to LMS.
2. If user is eligible to test out, they take a 20 question assessment (5 pts each):
- Passing score: 90% (2 incorrect)
- Retry Score: 85 - 89% (3 incorrect)
- Failure Score: <84% (4 incorrect)
- Results should be submitted if the user Passes or Fails only - not for Retry.
3. If the user scores 85%-89% and is able to Retry:
- Passing Score: 90%
- No Retry
- Results should be submitted if user Passes or Fails.
Hoping for some insight into the following:
1. Best approach to report a failure only for the test out eligbilty question.
2. For the test out assessment, how can I configure the Retry attempt to display based on a specific score range.
3. I only want to submit results on the first attempt if they Pass (90%+) or Fail (<84%). If they score 85 - 89%, no results should be submitted and they should get to retry. There should only be 1 retry attempt, so no retry scoring range would exist for the second attempt.
4. Is it even possible to have a Passing Score (90%+) and a different Failure Score (<84%)?