Trigger to show layer based on condition of object in a different slide
Video included for visual explanation!
I am making a digital escape room. The difficulty I'm running into is having a trigger happen in slide 2 based on a condition that needs to happen in slide 1.
- Each room is a scene
- Each room/scene has two different halves/slides
- slide 1 = front of the room; slide 2 = back of the room
- "Turn around" button to navigate moving from front to back of room as a trigger when user clicks 'turn around', i.e. navigating from slide 1 to slide 2 within that scene
- User has an inventory they can open and close via trigger that opens a new slide layer showing inventory in either half of the room/ slide
- When user finds an object, they drag and drop to inventory, which uses a trigger to open a new layer showing that item in the inventory, based on the condition that the user dragged the object to the inventory first
The issue: user needs to be able to access items dragged into inventory in both halves of room. I need to show a new layer in slide 2 based on a condition that has to happen in slide 1, i.e., the object needs to be dragged in slide 1 (added to inventory) in order for it to appear in the inventory when the player turns around (slide 2).
I was going to make a new slide layer for that like I did for slide 1, but the condition needs to be that the item was dragged to the inventory button, which happens in slide 1. However, I don't have the option to set a condition for something in a different slide (that I can find at least).
Sorry if I didn't explain that super well. I also included a video of myself walking through all of that with the project pulled up, which will likely make it easier to understand. Any help appreciated!