Unable to publish to Word

Feb 23, 2023

I am unable to publish my Storyline 360 presentation to Word. I am able to publish to LMS and web just fine.

I only want to publish a single scene, but it defaults publishing the entire project. It goes through the publishing process, but when trying to view the file I get an unhelpful error message.

I'm using the most up-to-date version of Storyline.

Pinned Reply
Kelly Auner

Hi Colin and Rob,

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 74, we've included important fixes and new features.

One of the fixes we've included is:

Storyline 360 could crash when adding conditions to triggers or publishing to Word.

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you have questions!

4 Replies
Kelly Auner

Hi Colin, and thanks for reaching out!

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue, and I'm happy to help troubleshoot. I'd like to ask a few clarifying questions to help me better understand what you're seeing.

• Is this only happening with one project file or multiple files? If only happening with a specific file, have you tried importing the slides into a new Storyline file?
  • It sounds like the course publishes successfully, but you then receive an error message when trying to open the course. What does the error message say?
  • After reviewing similar issues, it appears that other users have experienced this after copying a title from a text box on the slide and pasting it to the Player title.
    • Have you tried shortening the course title and removing any line breaks?

Please let me know if this helps! If the problem persists, I'd like to take a look at your file to investigate further. You can upload it here or privately in a support case. We'll delete it from our systems once troubleshooting is complete.

Jose Tansengco

Hi Colin,

There isn't a way to publish a single scene when publishing to Word. If you need to publish only a single scene, you can do one of two things: 

1. Make a copy of your Storyline 360 project file and remove the unwanted scenes in the duplicate before publishing to Word
  2. Import the scene that you'd like to publish into a new Storyline 360 project and publish to Word. 

Also, your contact information came through as well. This Peek video will show you how to edit it out if you’d like!

Kelly Auner

Hi Colin and Rob,

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Update 74, we've included important fixes and new features.

One of the fixes we've included is:

Storyline 360 could crash when adding conditions to triggers or publishing to Word.

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you have questions!