Using Characters not Available in Storyline 360

Apr 12, 2021

I found a character from another Storyline module that is not available in the list of characters in Storyline 360. The character is exactly what I need however, he's facing the camera. My company doesn't like to use straight to the camera images. Can this character be manipulated in Storyline? Thank you!

1 Reply
Judy Nollet

Hi, Darri,

You'd have to be really good in PhotoShop or a similar program to manipulate a character the way you want to.

In any case, you should check where the character came from. Since it's not from Storyline, that means it's from another company -- so it's probably copyright restricted.

For example, I use a lot of characters from eLearningArt.com. But I can only use those when I have an active license (in other words, if my annual subscription is paid up).

If the character you want to use is from a company with that kind of licensing, you can't legally copy it into another project. (However, if you know the company, you could get a license. And they'd likely have the same character in the pose you need.)