Variable Names

Feb 03, 2023

The way variable references are shown when building slides has changed. It used to show %VariableName% but since a recent update, it now just shows the default value (for example 'false' for a true/false variable). I've been creating worksheets using checkboxes and did a lot of coping layers to create multiple worksheets this week. Before the change, to update the variable I could just change what needed changing in the text box. Now, I have to go through 3 steps to get to a drop-down to select the new reference name.

Question - is there a way to change how the variable name shows on my screen during the build to like it was before or if not, is there a way to update the variable quicker than right-clicking on the value, choosing Reference, then choosing the new name from the drop down?

4 Replies
Joanne Chen

If you want to change the variable, you can change it by typing %VariableName% as before. And if the variable names are similar eg. VariableA, VariableB, VariableC, you may have "%Vaiable" and copy to where you need and add "A%", "B%", "C%" to make the correct form as "%VaiableA%", "%VaiableB%", "%VaiableC%".